Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's going on next door!?

Monday, Mrs. Johnson was laughing so hard when she came back from next door. So we asked, "What is going on next door?" She just smiled and said, "Cowboy Sam!"

Mrs. Jierski's third grade class had a visitor. Cowboy Sam galloped into her class on his horse. He was trying to persuade the class to visit his Dude Ranch. I'm not sure if I would listen to a funny looking cowboy in this outfit, but it sure kept her class at full attention.

Cowboy Sam gave the students information about his ranch along with persuasive details, I'm sure. Persuasive details are sentences ON TOPIC that show us why we would want to do something or think a certain way. We have been studying persuasive text too. Maybe Mrs. Johnson can talk Cowboy Sam into visiting our room.

Cowboy Sam also had a problem. The economy has gotten bad, as you know. The dude ranch is a little slow, and he needed Mrs. Jierski's class to help. Sam has decided to sell products to help raise money. Mrs. Jierski's class helped out by creating persuasive posters to advertise.

I hope these third graders were able to help!

What's going on next door? A lot of fun and learning!

After all, Dr. Bowen always tells us to "have fun as we learn!" I think Mrs. Johnson's and Mrs. Jierski's classes follow directions very well!

0 comments: